Monday, July 20, 2009

At the Beach!

Carol and Gene rented a beach house in Gearhart, on the Oregon coast, for all of us to spend some time together. The house was right on a golf course and a short walk to the beach.

On our first day we headed up to a State Park and explored an outpost of Lewis and Clarke's and went on a little nature walk. During our walk we found a slug - Mike dared me to kiss it to gross out Caleb and Andy...we were successful. And after some coaxing we got both of them to "pet" it!

Later that day we went on a walk at the beach with Carol, Gene, Clark and Lorne. Lorne and I had a great time sneaking up on seagulls and scaring them into flight.

Day 2 brought everyone to the beach, including Baby Zachary. We built castles and played wiffle ball with Caleb and Andy.





I waded in the water with Clark, Lorne and Carol. Lorne was the most brave of us all and was the only one to get entirely wet! I guess I am too much of a "California girl" - it was definitely not warm enough to go in past my knees!!

No comments: