Sunday, December 20, 2009

More Hawaii fun!

I took my first 3-days off from work (this was quite stressful getting lesson plans ready for the substitute). It felt amazing once I got to Hawaii and I was laying on the beach on a Thursday : )

My mom and I found a quiet hotel in Makaha on Oahu, it was away from Waikiki and all the huge hotels and touristy stuff. Here are some photos of our 5 days:



We spent part of an afternoon at Hanauma Bay for some snorkeling, but a storm made the water cloudy with sand and the currents brought in some box jelly fish and some other terrible creature that was stinging people. So we decided to drive up the east side to the North Shore to witness the famous pipeline and meet up with Erin and Dominic for dinner. Here we are playing in the waves at sunset beach:



And eating some delicious shrimp from Giovanni's shrimp truck with fresh pineapple with Ling hing (dried plum powder) and finally some shave ice (essentially a snow cone, but much better):


1 comment:

Carol said...

I'm jealous... but glad you had some quality time with your Mom. And... you really do look pregnant!