Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Things we will miss about Gus...


1. Needing to be watched while he eats
2. Putting me to sleep every night by laying on my chest
3. His uncontrollable tail - it fwapped everything and cleared every counter!
4. Wanting to sit on your lap while you were going to the bathroom
5. After getting the boot from your lap, in the bathroom, banging his head against the faucet until you turned it on
6. Fighting with Surgi over the best sunny spot
7. Chasing the chickens...and being chased by the chickens
8. Thinking he was a great hunter after catching a moth
9. Retrieving hair ties or rubber bands that had been flung across the room
10. Totally soaking his tail while sitting on the edge of the bathtub - and then looking very confused as water flung around when his tail got aggitated
11. Being startled by my purse being left in a new place
12. Leaving stuffed animals around the house for us to find after being gone for a few days - even hours, sometimes!
13. Sitting on the bed and howling at the ceiling, for apparently no reason
14. Nearly getting stuck in a tree, multiple times, after frantically running about the yard and scampering up about 15 feet
15. Hearing his bell jingle as he romped around
16. Watching him stalk and "attack" a bird with all limbs flailing about like a puppy dog still growing into his feet!
17. Weaving in between your feet as you try to walk through the kitchen
18. Riding in the hood of my sweatshirt when he was a kitten
19. The white strand of fur that started just above his lip and slid down to his chest patch like milk
20. Laying on my stack of grading or across the keyboard of my laptop while I tried to continue working
21. Hopping up and laying on my back as I leaned over to give Eli his bath; laying on Michael's stomach as he worked on the pipes under the kitchen sink
22. Meowing relentlessly if he could see the bottom of his food bowl - even if just a speck!
23. Giving me head-butts
24. Always acting like a toddler

I will miss you Gus!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Beautiful thoughts and memories. I missed Gus on our visit as well.