Saturday, September 26, 2009

Golfing...my first "real" 9-holes

Recently some of our friends thought it would be fun to all go golfing. Needless to say I am barely the mini-golf type, so the thought seemed somewhat not fun. Mike decided that if I had the opportunity to hit the ball really hard, that I would probably like it - so he took me to the driving range... Now I assume that my natural talent in so many other sports Mike has converted me to, perhaps jaded his perception of the reality of me and golf. I am no good. I couldn't hardly hit any of the balls forward, let alone up and with any distance to get that thrill of smacking it really hard! I think more often than not I completely missed the ball!

Anyway, a few days later we were at a 9-hole Executive course, which was supposed to make me feel better because they were all super short (70-120 yds, I think). I used a Pitching Wedge and my putter the whole day - and once I had the glory of par - but it was primarily luck that I hit the ball on my drive!

Sadly no pictures or, better yet, video clips of the whole ordeal. I'm sure you would have loved to see me whiff all my drives!!

No comments: