Thursday, January 20, 2011

First Playground!

Now that Eli is so mobile I take every chance I get to go to the park! I was so surprised with how well he did going up and down the stairs of the jungle gym...we don't have stairs in the house for him to practice - but he just went straight at it and didn't even tumble!!



I wish I had a video of this well-mannered little girl we met - she taught me how I should teach Eli how to play well with others. It went like this: The little girl was playing with a school bus, she left it at the bottom of the slide and proceeded to run up the jungle gym to slide down. Eli noticed the bus and crawled over and started playing with it. The girl arrives at the bottom of the slide, looks at Eli, then looks at the bus and says, "I was playing with that!" in a very calm voice. Of course, Eli didn't even notice her, he was far more into the bus. So she runs off and comes back with a fire truck...and she left with her bus!

No comments: