Saturday, February 13, 2010

Christmas

We were slackers this year and didn't tote our camera around on our Christmas travels...and we haven't collected photos from all the relatives. So currently, our Picassa album has a gap! And no photos to post here...

The weekend before Christmas I headed up to my parents' home to have an early celebration (Mike remained in Berkeley working). Nevada City was beautiful, it was nice being in the crisp mountain air - playing with their dog and seeing all the Prechter family.

Much attention was given to my belly bump - which was finally beginning to show its prominence. At this point Mike and I had only settled on a middle name, Lawrence after Mike's grandfather - so my parents quickly began referring to the little guy as Baby Larry...I have to admit, it was cute and much better than calling him "It" or "The Baby". My mom, sister and I spent a few afternoons fabric store hopping, looking for the perfect combination to adorn the awaited nursery.

The days passed quickly and soon I was meeting Mike in Sacramento to drive up to Portland to visit his family. Unfortunately this was my first day of being sick - I felt so awful Mike ended up driving the entire 10.5 hours (not to worry...he got sick just in time for our return trek...). We had a great time up north, playing with the nephews, enjoying a blanket of snowy weather, eating lots of tasty treats and visiting Mike's grandparents up in Auburn, Washington. And of course, the nephews quickly picked up on the soon to be new cousin - Baby Larry was a hit...although it was pretty adorable to hear Andy say, "Having two cousins is going to be a lot of work!" This as they tirelessly played with their first cousin, Zachary. Truly a blessing to have everyone together!

3 comments:

Paul and Peggy said...

I have a cd of all the christmas pics for you... Just got to send it!
Peggy

Carol said...

Nice write-up!! Can't bekieve I missed it earlier!

my3buckaroos said...

It was a very good Christmas, wasn't it? Just gets better every year...