Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Nursery

Here are some pictures of the nursery! A few weekends ago my mom and dad came down and helped us transform the guest bedroom/office. We sold the office furniture, gave the room a fresh coat of baby inspired paint and rearranged everything...a few times! And believe it or not...all the drawers in the dresser are pretty much full!! Peggy and Anna gave us lots of clothes and my volleyball team added to the collection with blankets, bottles, stuffed animals, wash cloths, towels, onesies and on and on and on!! I think we are pretty set for the first 6 months of growing!!



My mom brought her sewing machine down - we only had time to do a valance for the window, but she is making the rest of the bedding items for me at home. We picked out patterns together - I just wish I could be there to help with the rest (really all I am good at is cutting in a straight line though...doing a straight seem on the machine is still a struggle!). But I think she is having fun learning how to add some fun extras to the quilt - I can't wait to see it!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Beautiful valance! (I missed the last half of this post the first time through as well! I VERY envious that I don't get to help!